Baby toys from the most beautiful toy brands
Baby toys; we love them! Did you know that we started this online shop to share the most beautiful baby toys with you? We have since evolved into a kid's concept store for babies, toddlers and preschoolers. However, baby toys remain one of our favourite categories to tell you about.
There are many beautiful toy brands for babies. We choose toys for your mini that are safe and fun. We also pay attention to quality and design and like to opt for durability.
In the first year, your baby will grow fats. Different stages of development require different toys. But what toys does a baby actually play with? And what is suitable for a one-month-old baby and what for a six-month-old? In the following, we give some tips on toys for babies.
Is a baby toy really necessary for such a small child?
Baby toys may seem unnecessary when your child is so small, but they are not. Toys contribute to your child's development. Your child will learn a lot in the first year and develop at a rapid pace from a sleeping newborn to a mobile child. Your baby will learn to grasp, hold on, kick, turn, sit up, crawl and walk. Of course, each child does this at their own pace, but you can stimulate these skills with toys. Actions that we take for granted, like reaching for a cuddle cloth or rattling a rattle, are important milestones for a baby.
Play tips for babies in the first weeks
So cute, so small, your newborn baby needs nothing but lots of hugs and kisses from mum or dad in the first few weeks. Your baby will sleep a lot and when he is awake, he loves to be in your arms. Besides lots of cuddling, you can also make contact by singing songs, humming or talking to your baby. In the first few weeks, your baby is not yet able to play with toys independently. However, there are toys that you can use from birth.
- A music mobile music box plays soft, soothing music that your baby can enjoy in the playpen or cot.
- A cuddle cloth is a soft, flat toy that you can place next to your baby or use to get their attention. Wear the cloth on your bare skin for a while to perfume it.
- A rattle contains a small bell that makes a sweet sound, another way to attract your baby's attention.
- A pram toy is a suitable toy when your baby is in the pram.
Baby toys from 3 months
Your baby is becoming more aware of its surroundings, can see more clearly and distinguish colours. In addition, their little hands and feet become more and more interesting. You will also notice that your child is discovering more and more with its mouth. This is because babies have a strong sense of touch in their mouths and use their mouths to learn about objects. At this time, it is important to choose safe baby toys that are suitable for babies from three months old. As your baby will be using their mouth a lot, it is advisable to give them soft toys.
A common question is: 'What toys should I get my 3 month old?'. Here are some ideas:
- A silicone baby ball or other teethers made of natural rubber that are soft in the mouth and easy to grip.
- An activity toy can be hung on the edge of the playpen or placed loosely on the play mat. The spiral contains different objects that crackle, rattle or have a special structure.
- Soft fabric baby books with crackle paper or different textures are super interesting to squeeze.
- Lay your baby under the activity rack, a low frame with some toys attached. It's fun to watch him and challenging to reach for him.
- Your baby can also try to grab the rattle and rattle it.
- A fabric activity cube with a bell inside and different textures on top.
Play mats and activity blankets for babies
If your baby is strong enough and can hold his head properly in the prone position, he may soon start to roll over. This will be the case after about four to six months. To give your child enough space, a play mat or activity blanket on the floor is a good solution. A play mat is lined and nice and soft. A junior nest is also ideal. This is a large baby nest with an edge.
Fun toys for babies 6 months to 12 months
Is your baby six months old now? Wow, then your little one has already reached a lot of milestones. Your baby will soon be able to sit up on its own, in the coming months will practice crawling and finally take its first steps. This phase calls for toys that encourage your child to move and toys that stimulate hand-eye coordination. As the strength in the hands and body increases, you can also offer wooden toys. Here are some ideas.
- Toss the stacking tower and try to stack the rings again.
- When your child starts crawling, roll a fabric ball around the room. You'll see that he/she loves it.
- Sensory blocks are wooden blocks that make little sounds when you shake them.
- A bead frame is a metal frame on a wooden base with wooden beads. Your child will love turning and sliding the beads back and forth.
- To stimulate the first steps of the baby, a wooden walker with blocks is very useful.
What is a safe baby toy?
We only sell safe baby toys. All our toys are CE approved, this is a quality mark that indicates that the product complies with the rules within the European Economic Area and is therefore safe to play with. Always check whether a toy is suitable for your child's age. If the toy is broken, do not let your child play with it.
Buy baby toys online
In our online baby shop, you'll find toys from sustainable toy brands. Very popular are the wooden baby toys by PlanToys, made of sustainable materials and produced responsibly. The Jellycat cuddly toys are also a favourite, a truly original maternity gift for girls and boys. You can buy all our baby toys online. Is it a gift? Then use our free gift service. The toy will then be festively wrapped free of charge. Order the most beautiful baby toys online here at Rocket Toys!